Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Faith

Faith is a beautiful thing. Faith is what God gives us when our finite minds can't quite make the leap to him. However, i do not believe that faith is an excuse for lack of consideration or reasoning. I have found in my own experience that my faith grows when i excercize my God given power of reason. I start with faith, then i study, consider, and ponder. When that effort brings understanding i no longer need to have faith in the topic but now have knowledge and i am then presented with another level of faith. What i mean to say is that Faith was never meant to be stagnant. The more we build on knowledge, the greater faith we can have and the closer to God we may become. That is the importance of having an open mind!

2 comments:

Publius said...

A man after my own heart. Great topics Kyle, I think it's so funny that you started a blog for the exact same reason I did. Check it out yourdailydoseofsean.blogspot.com

Publius said...

This is Sean Oborn by the way